impala-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.8.0 release candidate 1
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2017 00:44:42 GMT
> A procedural question.  I would recommend getting the documentation changes from gerrits
# 5644, 5646, and 5649 into the 2.8 release.  That will give us some solidity w.r.t. the Impala
+ Kudu changes and other new features.  What are the prospects for that if it takes, say,
to the end of the week to close out those reviews?

Can you help me understand what you mean by "prospects for that"?

To the first, I do not know, to the second, I suspect not.

> What’s the best way to manage that process — try to get other people to agree and
-1 until those reviews are finished

While I think I will still be a non-binding +1 to rc1, I certainly
won't take offense if you advocate for what you think is right.
Perhaps other would be more frustrated.

> get the doc changes into 2.8.1

There may or may not be a 2.8.1. A necessary, but not sufficient,
pre-requisite to a release is that a committer volunteers to manage
it.

> or have some parallel track where doc changes continue to be integrated sometime before
the incubator PMC vote?

I don't think the incubator PMC will even hold a vote on a release
tarball that wan't first approved by the PPMC.

Mime
View raw message