impala-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dimitris Tsirogiannis <dtsirogian...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping a impala dev failed on fresh installed Ubuntu 14.04
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2016 04:44:29 GMT
Hi Amos,

You need to increase your limits (/etc/security/limits.conf) for max
number of open files (nofile). Use a pretty big number (e.g. 500K) for
both soft and hard.

Hope that helps.

Dimitris

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Amos Bird <amosbird@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> After days of efforts to make impala's local tests work on my Centos
> machine, I finally gave up and turns to Ubuntu. I followed this simple
> guide
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Bootstrapping+an+Impala+Development+Environment+From+Scratch
> on a fresh installed Ubuntu 14.04. Unfortunately there are still errors
> in loading data phase. Here is the error log,
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Loading Kudu TPCH (logging to /home/amos/impala/logs/data_loading/load-kudu-tpch.log)...
FAILED
> 'load-data tpch core kudu/none/none force' failed. Tail of log:
> distribute by hash (c_custkey) into 9 buckets stored as kudu
>
> (load-tpch-core-impala-generated-kudu-none-none.sql):
>
>
> Executing HBase Command: hbase shell load-tpch-core-hbase-generated.create
> 16/11/02 01:07:58 INFO Configuration.deprecation: hadoop.native.lib is deprecated. Instead,
use io.native.lib.available
> SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/amos/impala/toolchain/cdh_components/hbase-1.2.0-cdh5.10.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/amos/impala/toolchain/cdh_components/hadoop-2.6.0-cdh5.10.0-SNAPSHOT/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> Executing HBase Command: hbase shell post-load-tpch-core-hbase-generated.sql
> 16/11/02 01:08:03 INFO Configuration.deprecation: hadoop.native.lib is deprecated. Instead,
use io.native.lib.available
> SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/amos/impala/toolchain/cdh_components/hbase-1.2.0-cdh5.10.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/home/amos/impala/toolchain/cdh_components/hadoop-2.6.0-cdh5.10.0-SNAPSHOT/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
> SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
> SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
> Invalidating Metadata
> (load-tpch-core-impala-load-generated-kudu-none-none.sql):
> INSERT INTO TABLE tpch_kudu.lineitem SELECT * FROM tpch.lineitem
>
> Data Loading from Impala failed with error: ImpalaBeeswaxException:
>  Query aborted:
> Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out: Failed to write batch of 2708 ops to
tablet 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557 after 329 attempt(s): Failed to write to server: (no
server available): Write(tablet: 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557, num_ops: 2708, num_attempts:
329) passed its deadline: Network error: recv error: Connection reset by peer (error 104)
>
>
>
> Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out: Failed to write batch of 2708 ops to
tablet 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557 after 329 attempt(s): Failed to write to server: (no
server available): Write(tablet: 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557, num_ops: 2708, num_attempts:
329) passed its deadline: Network error: recv error: Connection reset by peer (error 104)
> Error in Kudu table 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem': Timed out: Failed to write batch of
2708 ops to tablet 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557 after 329 attempt(s): Failed to write
to server: (no server available): Write(tablet: 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557, num_ops:
2708, num_attempts: 329) passed its deadline: Network error: recv error: Connection reset
by peer (error 104) (1 of 2708 similar)
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/amos/impala/bin/load-data.py", line 158, in exec_impala_query_from_file
>     result = impala_client.execute(query)
>   File "/home/amos/impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py", line 173, in execute
>     handle = self.__execute_query(query_string.strip(), user=user)
>   File "/home/amos/impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py", line 339, in __execute_query
>     self.wait_for_completion(handle)
>   File "/home/amos/impala/tests/beeswax/impala_beeswax.py", line 359, in wait_for_completion
>     raise ImpalaBeeswaxException("Query aborted:" + error_log, None)
> ImpalaBeeswaxException: ImpalaBeeswaxException:
>  Query aborted:
> Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out: Failed to write batch of 2708 ops to
tablet 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557 after 329 attempt(s): Failed to write to server: (no
server available): Write(tablet: 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557, num_ops: 2708, num_attempts:
329) passed its deadline: Network error: recv error: Connection reset by peer (error 104)
>
>
>
> Kudu error(s) reported, first error: Timed out: Failed to write batch of 2708 ops to
tablet 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557 after 329 attempt(s): Failed to write to server: (no
server available): Write(tablet: 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557, num_ops: 2708, num_attempts:
329) passed its deadline: Network error: recv error: Connection reset by peer (error 104)
> Error in Kudu table 'impala::tpch_kudu.lineitem': Timed out: Failed to write batch of
2708 ops to tablet 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557 after 329 attempt(s): Failed to write
to server: (no server available): Write(tablet: 84aa134fb6c24916aa16cf50f48ec557, num_ops:
2708, num_attempts: 329) passed its deadline: Network error: recv error: Connection reset
by peer (error 104) (1 of 2708 similar)
>
> Error in /home/amos/impala/testdata/bin/create-load-data.sh at line 45: while [ -n "$*"
]
> + cleanup
> + rm -rf /tmp/tmp.hMzGwIcUo3
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> This kinda blocks my patch's rebasing. Any help is much appreciated!
>
> regards,
> Amos

Mime
View raw message