impala-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ASF crypto regulations
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2016 00:14:49 GMT
On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 5:01 PM, Sailesh Mukil <sailesh@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Just an FYI.
>
> Todd brought this to our attention.
>
> https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-4406
> https://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html
>
> Since Impala uses OpenSSL, we are required to follow the ASF crypto
> regulations. It states that we have to add Apache Impala to their list of
> Export projects:
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/
> I will do this shortly.

I think you'll need PMC chair privileges to commit to change this file. But
if you send me a diff against the XML file I can commit it on your behalf.

> It also requires the Incubator PMC chair to notify the US Government of the
> same. (Step 3 in the above link)

Yea, I think once you generate it, you can send this to the
incubator-general list and the chair will take care of resending it to the
gov addresses.

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera