impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: New tool for building Impala: dita-ot
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 21:53:55 GMT
Good points, Henry - thank you for raising them.

1. RTC policy: There is no reason we have to have the same conventions
for the strictness of review uniformly. Although gerrit will still
enforce RTC, we can set a convention (or even write it into the
bylaws) that one should not +2 oneself except in the docs directory.
Many variations are possible. I'd suggest we get it going and
re-evaluate frequently.

2. Separate branch: John Russell and Laurel Hale and I talked about
it. This would still have a RTC enforcement by the ASF VC servers,
except for committers. Those committers can already +2 themselves on
our gerrit setup. The advantage of same-branch work is that the docs
can be more closely synced. In particular, when master is branched for
a release, the docs will be branched, too.