impala-dev mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Squeasel and Mustache - "important" or "just an innocent embedded dependency"
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 15:55:03 GMT
I don't know much about mustache, but as far as Squeasel goes, Cloudera
doesn't own the copyright and thus can't contribute it. It's a fork of
another project (Mongoose) which switched licensing to an incompatible one
once we were already using it. Due to the license switch, we made a copy of
the prior release that we were using and renamed it. But, the copyright
still remains with the original authors, as far as I understand.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera