impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Ideas for organizing 3.0
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 16:51:47 GMT
The most recent release was 2.7.0. We have 32 issues that we might
want to tackle for 3.0:

https://issues.cloudera.org/issues/?filter=11830

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to organize this? For instance
we might decide:

0. Starting immediately, the community is encouraged to submit issues
that would break compatibility. Detailed designs are also encouraged.

1. After 2.9.0, commits that break compatibility will be allowed in
the "master" branch.

2. After 2.9.0 a call will go out for anyone who wants to get a
compatibility-breaking patch in that they have 3 months to do so.

3. After three months, we'll cut a new release candidate and bump all
JIRA issues that would break compatibility to Target Version: Impala
4.0

Thoughts?