impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: A question about associating front-end expression with back-end implementation
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 18:31:45 GMT
> This ERROR is thrown by a routine in the TrimExpr.java

But you wrote that file, right?
> So here comes my question: how to associate the front-end expression coded in the sql-parser.cup
with back-end implementation? I know there exists some other similar function named extract(IDENT
from Timestamp) which is implemented in the udf-builtins.h and I have done the same thing.
But that does not work - so I must miss something important.

In what way does it not work? The way above? It looks like you didn't
change getFunctionNotFoundError correctly.

I don't think you want to do something different than ExtractFromExpr,
but it looks like you didn't get the changes needed correctly yet.