impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject [VOTE] Bylaw change to make branch creation or deletion lazy consensus
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 20:15:03 GMT
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/4053

I am proposing we change the bylaws so that a branch can be created or
deleted by lazy consensus of the PMC: "Lazy consensus requires no -1
votes ('silence gives assent')"

Right now the bylaws do not say what kind of vote is required for a
branch creation or deletion.

This is a change to the bylaws, and so requires lazy majority (3
binding +1 votes and more binding +1 votes than -1 votes) from PMC
members before it can be committed.

I started a [DISCUSS] thread last week that had only one response.

If you are on the PMC, your emailed vote on this thread (+1 or -1)
would be good. Branch creation is part of my plan for working on our
first release candidate.plus or minus