impala-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Volker ...@cloudera.com>
Subject Request for feedback: IMPALA-2550 Introduce query-wide execution context.
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2016 17:08:11 GMT
Hi all,

I started drafting a header file for a query-wide QueryExecState class
here: https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/3686/2

It's not much and I couldn't figure out how much of the overall changes
needed for RPC batching should be included in this change. Most notably we
might want to replace FragmentExecState in FragmentMgr (now QueryExecMgr)
with QueryExecState altogether and drive execution from that class. On the
other hand keeping the QueryExecState as simple as possible for now would
make the change less intrusive.

I'd be glad for feedback on this first draft.

Thanks, Lars