impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - August 2016
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2016 16:20:21 GMT
Mentors, committers, PPMC members, community: I am looking for your
feedback on this report. My draft is below:

Impala

Impala is a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data
stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.

 * Transition of development workflows to ASF (see
https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/IMPALA-3221)

 * Initial release as incubating project.

 * Community growth

Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of?

No.

How has the community developed since the last report.

Our last report was in April. Since then

 * Six new contributors have submitted patches for review, and two
contributors new to the project since incubation have continued to
send patches.

 * Mailing list activity more than doubled in the four months since
our last report compared to the four months before that, from 31
threads to 75 threads (excluding patch review comments)

How has the project developed since the last report.

 * The podling name search was completed
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-96)

 * Trademark handoff was completed

 * Impala’s git repository is now hosted on ASF infrastructure

 * Impala’s website’s source is hosted on ASF’s git infrastructure and
the website is now available on https://impala.apache.org

 * Project bylaws have been ratified (https://impala.apache.org/bylaws.html)

 * Developer documentation has started to move to the ASF-hosted wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/collector/pages.action?key=IMPALA

 * Work has begun in migrating to ASF-hosted JIRA

 * A patch changing the copyright headers is in review