impala-dev mailing list archives

From "Nishidha Panpaliya" <nishi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: LLVM codegen functionality
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 13:58:34 GMT

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply. Links that you sent us helped to understand the
impact. But I believe, if it is only performance related and not blocking
any Impala's feature, we can still live with that issue if it is just not
possible to fix either for LLVM community or for us. Please correct me if I
misunderstood.

On another note, I could fix gcc 4.9.3 issue with ALTIVEC and could build
Impala with it on power. And llvm-codegen test passed on it. So, if
everything else works with this setup, we would rather go with gcc 4.9.3 on
power for Impala.

Thanks again for helping us always.

Regards,
Nishidha