impala-dev mailing list archives

From "Nishidha Panpaliya" <nishi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Custom cluster test failure in test_exchange_delays.py
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2016 10:54:54 GMT

Hi All,

On power8, we are getting 3 failures in custom cluster test failure. 2 test
cases failed in test_admission_controller.py and 1 in
test_exchange_delays.py. I investigated the test failure in
test_exchange_delays.py and below is my finding.

   Test case failed is "test_exchange_small_delay". This test has input
   test file as "QueryTest/exchange-delays",
   --stress_datastream_recvr_delay_ms=10000 and
   --datastream_sender_timeout_ms=5000.
   The test is expected to throw an exception, with message as mentioned in
   CATCH section in QueryTest/exchange-delays.
   However, at our end, the query in this test does not throw any
   exception, but since QueryTest/exchange-delays has CATCH section
   mentioned, the test case fails due to assertion in
   tests/common/impala_test_suite.py as below -
            if 'CATCH' in test_section:
              assert test_section['CATCH'].strip() == ''
4.      If I remove CATCH section from exchange-delays.test file, then this
test case passes, however, another test case in the same test file fails,
as it throws exception as per inputs given to it but CATCH section is
missing.
5.     On another RHEL ppc machine, this test randomly passes i.e. both the
test cases throws exception as expected.

I'm really confused as to what parameter is leading the test case
"test_exchange_small_delay" to not throw any exception in my setup. Or what
should actually be happened?
I checked latest cdh5-trunk code on github and it also has same test code
and same content in query test file.

Kindly provide me some pointers.

Thanks,
Nishidha