impala-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Armstrong <tarmstr...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Branch model discussion
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 16:49:14 GMT
What would happen if we discover that a tagged release has a critical bug
that was missed by the test cases? Would we have a release branch to
stabilise the release with any critical fixes?

Initially we probably don't need to do this, but I just want to make sure
that we pick a release model that will also work if we need to put more
effort into stabilising releases.

Were you thinking of the scenario where we're trying to stabilise a release
on trunk at the same time as a major feature is in development? I'm not a
big fan of long-lived feature branches: I think it's a last resort if
changes can't be staged in trunk in a sensible non-breaking way.