impala-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Apple <jbap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Branch model discussion
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 16:56:05 GMT
Thank you. I think these are good questions.

> What would happen if we discover that a tagged release has a critical bug
> that was missed by the test cases? Would we have a release branch to
> stabilise the release with any critical fixes?

I think that is the right choice. What do you think?

> Were you thinking of the scenario where we're trying to stabilise a release
> on trunk at the same time as a major feature is in development? I'm not a
> big fan of long-lived feature branches: I think it's a last resort if
> changes can't be staged in trunk in a sensible non-breaking way.

For "big breaking changes", you mean? I was thinking of the things
that would cause us to move to Impala 3.0, rather than a long-lived
feature branch.

Do you think Impala 3.0 development should happen on "master"?