impala-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Nayak <pradeep1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven error while compiling the front end code
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 00:55:58 GMT
Also just wanted to understand one more thing.
http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-5-x/topics/impala_s3.html It
mentions that impala needs to have a default file system which is hdfs, but
not just s3a, or any other filesystem which extends Hadoop FileSystem class
? Is there plans to support non hdfs filesystem as default ?

Meanwhile I got around the problem earlier. I can query tables, do a
count(*), etc.

However join is causing a problem...

*select * from tab1 join tab2;*

*Query: select * from tab1 join tab2*

*ERROR:*

*Failed to connect to FS*

*Error(255): Unknown error 255*

Pradeep

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:31 PM Pradeep Nayak <pradeep1288@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's what been puzzling me as well :(. Let me get back to you with that
> information.
>
> Pradeep
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:28 PM Skye Wanderman-Milne <skye@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Actually, I didn't read your exception carefully and didn't notice that
>> it can't find an Impala class, so it's probably not a dependency issue.
>>
>> Can you restart your cluster, rerun a select * query, and then search
>> your logs for that "NoClassDefFoundError"? That will tell us which process
>> the error is coming from. That class is included in the FE jar, so I'm not
>> sure why it wouldn't be able to find it.
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Pradeep Nayak <pradeep1288@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sure Skye. I didn't notice the to: list as well until you pointed out. I
>>> really appreciate your help here.
>>>
>>> I haven't modified the pom.xml for the front-end here:
>>> https://github.com/cloudera/Impala/blob/cdh5.5.2-release/fe/pom.xml
>>>
>>> I am just building with this at the moment. mvn clean package
>>> -DSkipTests = true from the fe folder.

Could

Could

should provide the