impala-dev mailing list archives

From "Valencia Serrao" <vser...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Issues with generating testdata for Impala
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:17:21 GMT

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the response. I agree without the logs its difficult to
comment. Please excuse me for not sharing them. I have shared the logs with
this mail. (See attached file: hbase.zip)

And yes, you are correct, regionserver failed to start with below error:

	FATAL regionserver.HRegionServer: ABORTING region server
testvm,16201,1461656407914: Initialization of RS failed.  Hence aborting
RS.
	java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes$LexicographicalComparerHolder
$UnsafeComparer
        	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.putLong(Bytes.java:648)
        	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ClientIdGenerator.generateClientId
(ClientIdGenerator.java:51)
        	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.PerClientRandomNonceGenerator.<init>
(PerClientRandomNonceGenerator.java:37)
        	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager
$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(ConnectionManager.java:704)
	 at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionManager
$HConnectionImplementation.<init>(ConnectionManager.java:652)
        	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionUtils$2.<init>
(ConnectionUtils.java:154)
        	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ConnectionUtils.createShortCircuitConnection
(ConnectionUtils.java:154)
        	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.createClusterConnection
(HRegionServer.java:696)
        	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.setupClusterConnection
(HRegionServer.java:727)
        	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.preRegistrationInitialization
(HRegionServer.java:740)
        	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.run
(HRegionServer.java:896)
        	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
	FATAL regionserver.HRegionServer: RegionServer abort: loaded
coprocessors are: []

With regard to the mismatch in hbase and hdfs version, can you please share
the source code link for HDFS CDH 5.8-SNAPSHOT ? We had earlier tried the
HDFS CDH 5.8-SNAPSHOT provided in the impala/thirdparty, however, we faced
issues as it was not directly working on ppc architecture.

Kindly guide me on these issues.

Regards,
Valencia