impala-dev mailing list archives

From Skye Wanderman-Milne <s...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Debugging Impala code
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 23:06:33 GMT
One small note re: logs: I always run my impalad
with -redirect_stdout_stderr=0 and the environment variable
GLOG_logtostderr=1. This causes Impala to output all log messages to
stderr, which I then redirect to a log file (e.g.
$IMPALA_HOME/be/build/debug/service/impalad -redirect_stdout_stderr=0 &>
/tmp/impalad.log). I find it's easier to have all log messages in a single
file for development.