impala-dev mailing list archives

From Skye Wanderman-Milne <s...@cloudera.com>
Subject single type tree for BE TableDescriptors
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:40:41 GMT
I think we should change TableDescriptor to have a single TYPE_STRUCT root
type_, which will replace the current vector<ColumnDescriptor> col_descs_.
This will make it easier to traverse nested schemas, as we won't have to
special-case the table-level columns, and is more inline with Table in the
FE. In particular I think this will make it easier to unit-test schema
resolution functions in the parquet scanner.

If no one objects, I'll go ahead and start working on a patch for this.