ignite-user mailing list archives

From Muhammed Favas <favas.muham...@expeedsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Ignite Performance - Adding new node is not improving SQL query performance
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 10:05:32 GMT
Thanks Mikael for the response.

So in that case, is it  necessary to add all the new nodes to baseline to make use of the
resources efficiently ? But in ignite doc, it is not mentioned in that way. A sub set of nodes
in cluster can be part of baseline.

What I though of is like, when I run a query, the data will load to memory of all these 5
nodes and will use the computing power of all. But now it seems, it is not working like that.

Regards,
Favas

From: Mikael <mikael-aronsson@telia.com>
Sent: Monday, September 9, 2019 3:21 PM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Ignite Performance - Adding new node is not improving SQL query performance

Hi!

If the new node is not part of the baseline topology it will not have any persisted data stored
so any SQL query will not be of any use on the node as it does not have any of the data (at
least that is how I understand it, I could be wrong here).

If so you would need to add the new node to the baseline topology to see any performance improvement,
and of course wait for a complete rebalance of the data.

>From docs:

"The same tools and APIs can be used to adjust the baseline topology throughout the cluster
lifetime. It's required if you decide to scale out or scale in an existing topology by setting
more or fewer nodes that will store the data. The sections below show how to use the APIs
and tools."

Mikael