ignite-user mailing list archives

From Muhammed Favas <favas.muham...@expeedsoftware.com>
Subject Ignite Performance - Adding new node is not improving SQL query performance
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 09:31:52 GMT
Hi,

I have an ignite cluster with 4 node(each with 8 core, 32 GB RAM and 30 GB Disk)  with native
persistence enabled and added to baseline topology. There are two sql table created and loaded
with 120 GB data.
One of my test sql query is taking 8 second with this set up. Currently I am trying various
option to reduce the execution time of the query.

For that, I have added on more node (with same configuration) to the cluster (non- baselined)
with the impression that it will reduce the  execution time, but it didn't. When I checked
the CPU utilization of each node, all 4 previously added node's CPU is utilizing at its best,
but the CPU of newly added node is not using much.

Can you please help me to figure out why it is so and how can I make sure all the nodes CPU
is utilizing when I run a distributed query so that my query runs faster.
Also, what all the additional things I need to do to make my query runs faster.

Regards,
Favas