ignite-user mailing list archives

From Andrei Aleksandrov <aealexsand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Job Stealing node not stealing jobs
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2019 15:29:01 GMT
Hi,

Some remarks about job stealing SPI:

1)You have some nodes that can proceed the tasks of some compute job.
2)Tasks will be executed in public thread pool by default:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/thread-pools#section-public-pool
3)If some node thread pool is busy then some task of compute job can be
executed on other node.

In next cases it will not work:

1)In case if you choose specific node for your compute task
2)In case if you do affinity call (the same as above but node will be
choose by affinity mapping)

According to your case:

It's not clear for me what exactly you try to do. Possible job stealing
didn't work because of your weak node began executions of some tasks in
public pool but just do it longer then faster one.

Could you please share your full reproducer for investigation?

BR,
Andrei