ignite-user mailing list archives

From Mikael <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Performance - Adding new node is not improving SQL query performance
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 09:51:15 GMT
Hi!

If the new node is not part of the baseline topology it will not have
any persisted data stored so any SQL query will not be of any use on the
node as it does not have any of the data (at least that is how I
understand it, I could be wrong here).

If so you would need to add the new node to the baseline topology to see
any performance improvement, and of course wait for a complete rebalance
of the data.

 From docs:

"The same tools and APIs can be used to adjust the baseline topology
throughout the cluster lifetime. It's required if you decide to scale
out or scale in an existing topology by setting more or fewer nodes that
will store the data. The sections below show how to use the APIs and tools."

Mikael