ignite-user mailing list archives

From Yohan Fernando <Yohan.Ferna...@tudor.com>
Subject RE: Does IgniteCache.containsKey lock the key in a Transaction?
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2019 11:08:16 GMT
Hi Nattapon,

Unfortunately explicit locks cannot be used within transactions and an exception will be thrown.

It seems the only way is to rely on implicit locks using calls like get() and containsKey().
I looked through the ignite source for these methods and it does appear like containsKey delegates
to the same call as get() but has a flag about whether to serialize or not so I assume that
containsKey might avoid serialization. However I’m not an expert on the Ignite codebase
so it would be good if someone can confirm that this is indeed the case.

Thanks

Yohan

From: nattapon <wrongite@gmail.com>
Sent: 19 August 2019 08:00
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Does IgniteCache.containsKey lock the key in a Transaction?

Caution: This email originated from outside of Tudor.

Hi Yohan,

There is IgniteCache.lock(key) method described in https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-locks<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apacheignite.readme.io_docs_distributed-2Dlocks&d=DwMFaQ&c=lcVbikor4usg5Rj5OmznbA&r=m3tOHOhTDmqyOCq26PYainXMtahLsVWUQ4sqnN5broM&m=OI_UZ3gny3V8V5LQLeGQxF_GFdCwvZRHvxcHXzZ9tno&s=Bi2hfO-Sdhxidc_h2QGpmMRSfsEapHSmgLg9BH0nNbo&e=>
. Is it suited your requirement?

IgniteCache<String, Integer> cache = ignite.cache("myCache");

// Create a lock for the given key
Lock lock = cache.lock("keyLock");
try {
    // Acquire the lock