ignite-user mailing list archives

From Johannes Lichtenberger <johannes.lichtenber...@unitedplanet.com>
Subject Re: Ignite Partitioned Cache / Use for an in-memory transaction-log
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2019 10:29:38 GMT
Hi,

if I want to replicate data from one node to N-nodes (that is only a
subset of nodes in the whole cluster), could I also specify that not
only the primary is updated in synchronous mode, but some of the backup
nodes, too?

I also would like to somehow guarantee read-your-own-writes semantics.
My idea is for replicating a storage / database system to have a single
writer through which all writes are propagated.

I'd probably use something like oldest node is the master (which can be
done using Apache Ignite).

Then let's say someone decides to create a database and a first
resource. I'd have to send an event round robin to create the resource
on let's say three of 10 cluster nodes. Maybe I could use a distributed
semaphore which just accepts 3-times acquiring the semaphore (name is
database + resource concatenated). Once the initial bootstrapping of
creating directories and files happened on all 3 nodes a
write-transaction can be opened, which writes into a distributed cache.
However as I'm thinking about it the cache for this resource must be
shared on only the same 3 cluster-nodes. That's maybe already where I
have no clue how to achieve this.

Maybe I'm looking into how other data stores are replicated and
partitioned, first ;)

There's also BookKeeper for distributing a transaction-log. But I'm not
sure if it's overhead if I don't have to persist the changes before
applying it to the real data-files (to provide consistency -- I don't
need persisted write-ahead logging).

kind regards

Johannes