ignite-user mailing list archives

From Marco Bernagozzi <marco.bernago...@gmail.com>
Subject Cache spreading to new nodes
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:48:07 GMT
I have a set of nodes, and I want to be able to set a cache in specific
nodes. It works, but whenever I turn on a new node the cache is
automatically spread to that node, which then causes errors like:
Failed over job to a new node ( I guess that there was a computation going
on in a node that shouldn't have computed that, and was shut down in the
meantime).

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here or I'm missing something.
As I understand it, NodeFilter and Affinity are equivalent in my case
(Affinity is a node filter which also creates rules on where can the cache
spread from a given node?). With rebalance mode set to NONE, shouldn't the
cache be spread on the "nodesForOptimization" nodes, according to either
the node filter or the affinityFunction?

Here's my code:

List<UUID> nodesForOptimization = fetchNodes();

CacheConfiguration<String, Graph> graphCfg = new
CacheConfiguration<>(graphCacheName);
graphCfg = graphCfg.setCacheMode(CacheMode.REPLICATED)
            .setBackups(nodesForOptimization.size() - 1)
            .setAtomicityMode(CacheAtomicityMode.ATOMIC)
            .setRebalanceMode(CacheRebalanceMode.NONE)
            .setStoreKeepBinary(true)
            .setCopyOnRead(false)
            .setOnheapCacheEnabled(false)
            .setNodeFilter(u -> nodesForOptimization.contains(u.id()))
            .setAffinity(
                new RendezvousAffinityFunction(
                    1024,
                    (c1, c2) -> nodesForOptimization.contains(c1.id()) &&
nodesForOptimization.contains(c2.id())
                )
            )

.setWriteSynchronizationMode(CacheWriteSynchronizationMode.FULL_SYNC);