ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ilya Kasnacheev <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue in starting Near cache only on client node
Date Mon, 01 Jul 2019 16:59:48 GMT
Hello!

Unfortunately, near caches configuration is somewhat confusing.

I can see in the docs the following:

// Create a distributed cache on server nodes and // a near cache on
the local node, named "myCache".IgniteCache<Integer, Integer> cache =
ignite.getOrCreateCache(
    new CacheConfiguration<Integer, Integer>("myCache"), nearCfg);

If that does not work (when myCache is already present on server but
without near cache), please share a reproducer I can tweak.

Regards,
--
Ilya Kasnacheev

{

{

Failed to start near cache (a cache with the same name without near cache is already started)*

at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.createNearCache(IgniteKernal.java:2960) at org.apache.ignite.IgniteSpringBean.createNearCache(IgniteSpringBean.java:382)
at com.qualys.agms.grid.dao.AbstractDataGridDAO.cache(AbstractDataGridDAO.java:112) at com.qualys.agms.grid.dao.AbstractDataGridDAO.putData(AbstractDataGridDAO.java:47)
at com.qualys.agms.grid.dao.AbstractDataGridDAO.putData(AbstractDataGridDAO.java:31) at com.qualys.agms.grid.dataservice.DefaultDataGridService.putData(DefaultDataGridService.java:27)
at com.qualys.agms.grid.dataservice.DefaultDataGridService.putData(DefaultDataGridService.java:10)
at com.qualys.agms.IgniteClientTester.testGet(IgniteClientTester.java:382) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:50) at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:12) at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:47)
at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.InvokeMethod.evaluate(InvokeMethod.java:17) at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunBeforeTestExecutionCallbacks.evaluate(RunBeforeTestExecutionCallbacks.java:74)
at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestExecutionCallbacks.evaluate(RunAfterTestExecutionCallbacks.java:84)
at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunBeforeTestMethodCallbacks.evaluate(RunBeforeTestMethodCallbacks.java:75)
at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestMethodCallbacks.evaluate(RunAfterTestMethodCallbacks.java:86)
at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.SpringRepeat.evaluate(SpringRepeat.java:84)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runLeaf(ParentRunner.java:325) at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:251)
at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:97)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:290) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:71)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:288) at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:58)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:268) at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunBeforeTestClassCallbacks.evaluate(RunBeforeTestClassCallbacks.java:61)
at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.statements.RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.evaluate(RunAfterTestClassCallbacks.java:70)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:363) at org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.run(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.java:190)
at org.junit.runner.JUnitCore.run(JUnitCore.java:137) at com.intellij.junit4.JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.startRunnerWithArgs(JUnit4IdeaTestRunner.java:68)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.IdeaTestRunner$Repeater.startRunnerWithArgs(IdeaTestRunner.java:47)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.prepareStreamsAndStart(JUnitStarter.java:242)
at com.intellij.rt.execution.junit.JUnitStarter.main(JUnitStarter.java:70)Caused by: class
org.apache.ignite.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to start near cache (a cache with the same
name without near cache is already started) at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.checkNearCacheStarted(IgniteKernal.java:3019)
at org.apache.ignite.internal.IgniteKernal.createNearCache(IgniteKernal.java:2955) ... 37
more*

Use