ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Pavlov <dpav...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blog post "Introduction to the Apache(R) Ignite™ community structure"
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2019 12:34:51 GMT
Sorry for the late reply. Contributors are not ranked so weight is not
measured. The community always prefer to build consensus. If consensus is
not reached (this happens time-to-time), then feature or change should not
appear in the product.

By the way, Apache PMCs may veto changes with a technical justification
explaining why change is bad.

A final word in project development has PMC (it is a committee consisting
of all its members). Practically Apache Ignite Community prefers wider
consensus - from all contributors.

In case something is going wrong, there is our last resort:
https://www.apache.org/board/escalation  But I don't remember any
escalations.

Priority of implementing features is solved in another way: if someone
wants to implement something and the community does not reject it, so why
not? There is no single priority for all contributors.