ignite-user mailing list archives

From anthonycwmak <anthonycw...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite SparkSQL need to pre-load data?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2019 01:32:10 GMT
I want to find how to speed up SparkSQL using Ignite (in particular I am
wondering if it can be a replacement for Presto and my files are parquet
format in S3).

Question: Reading from the links in
https://ignite.apache.org/use-cases/spark/sql-queries.html, is it true (in
my case) I need to pre-load data to Ignite first (by loading my S3 files to
Spark as dataframe and then writing the dataframe to Ignite Dataframe), then
I can run sql against the Ignite DataFrame with the benefit of indexing?
Therefore, for any data I want to query using SparkSQL, I will need to
pre-load them into Ignite first explicitly like that? It maybe difficult to
anticipate what date range of data users want to query and to pre-load them,
I am hoping for a seemless way to boost my SparkSQL queries.

Any links/reference will be appreciated :)

Anthony Mak