ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sriveena Mattaparthi <Sriveena.Mattapar...@ekaplus.com>
Subject RE: Settings to override default Ignite JDBC Thin Driver port 10800
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2018 13:20:08 GMT
Thanks Ilya,

Could you please correct the settings to be done for overrring the default port then?

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena

From: Ilya Kasnacheev [mailto:ilya.kasnacheev@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 6:21 PM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Settings to override default Ignite JDBC Thin Driver port 10800

Hello!

Client connector port is a different thing than either communication port or discovery port.
You don't have to override neither of those.

Regards,
--
Ilya Kasnacheev

вт, 18 дек. 2018 г. в 15:49, Sriveena Mattaparthi <Sriveena.Mattaparthi@ekaplus.com<mailto:Sriveena.Mattaparthi@ekaplus.com>>:
Hi,

We would like to override the default port 10800. For this we have made the below changes.

On client node

Ignition.setClientMode(true);
ClientConnectorConfiguration clientCfg = new ClientConnectorConfiguration();
clientCfg.setPort(10850);

IgniteConfiguration cfg = new IgniteConfiguration().setClientConnectorConfiguration(clientCfg)
ignite = Ignition.start(cfg);
ignite.cluster().active(true);

and get the jdbc connection using
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:ignite:thin://127.0.0.1:10850/<https://apac01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2F127.0.0.1%3A10850%2F&data=02%7C01%7CSriveena.Mattaparthi%40ekaplus.com%7C976c5d640cd14a3c93b208d664e78107%7C2a5b4e9716be4be4b2d40f3fcb3d373c%7C1%7C0%7C636807342798216127&sdata=oUyR3mEWW9thk7luCC2Q6%2F7DB22nQoqjyZ5YiYbxB1k%3D&reserved=0>");

On Ignite server
We didn’t setup 10850 port in any of the xml except

<property name="discoverySpi">
<bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
                                <property name="localPort" value="48500"/>

<property name="communicationSpi">
                <bean class="org.apache.ignite.spi.communication.tcp.TcpCommunicationSpi">
                                <property name="localPort" value="48100"/>

Do we have to setup the communication port 10850 in the xml also?
Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena

“Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended
solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and
may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying,
or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.”