ignite-user mailing list archives

From Gert Dubois <gert.dub...@trendminer.com>
Subject Re: Dealing with changing class definitions in Ignite
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:11:56 GMT
I investigated the issue further and narrowed the issue down to the Binary
Marshaller not working as expected given the configured Deployment Mode.
When forcing my clients to use unique class names in the metadata of the
Binary Marshaller (I forced this by overriding the global BinaryNameMapper
and appending a per-client unique suffix to every class name) the
Deployment Mode behaves as expected. I assume the Binary Marshaller keeps a
cluster wide state of the Metadata of classes and it merges it whenever we
serialize a class on a node (regardless of the configured Deployment Mode).
Why is the behaviour of the Binary Marshaller not consistent with the way
the Deployment Mode works? Is there a cleaner way to solve this, besides
overriding the BinaryNameMapper?