ignite-user mailing list archives

From javadevmtl <java.dev....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite in container enviroments?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 19:36:13 GMT
Ok I think I have possible solution... Based on:
https://docs.mesosphere.com/1.11/networking/DNS/

The container IP is available at:
<MARATHON-APP-ID>.marathon.containerip.dcos.thisdcos.directory also
according to the docs this will return the proper I.P if in container or
bridge mode. Currently I only have working with container dc/os overlay.

So if we enable Static TCP/IP discovery and set the env var:
IGNITE_TCP_DISCOVERY_ADDRESSES to
<MARATHON-APP-ID>.marathon.containerip.dcos.thisdcos.directory where
<MARATHON-APP-ID> is the name we chose for application then this works.

In fact I can now scale up and down easily.