ignite-user mailing list archives

From Mikael <mikael-arons...@telia.com>
Subject BinaryObject vs a HashMap
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2018 08:52:47 GMT
Hi!

Is there some meta data storage overhead for binary object "types" ? I
need a cache where the value is pretty much a small key value store
(5-10 keys and values, all strings, every value different) and with that
few values maybe just two arrays with keys and values or a hash map, but
as I will read out single values all the time I thought using binary
objects would be a better choice to avoid deserialization, but all
objects will be different, so if the cache has 10000 entries all 10000
might be different "type", would it be a good choice to use a binary
object as a simple key/value storage or would I be better of using a
POJO or HashMap ?

What I don't get is if there is some meta data stored behind the scenes
for each different type of binary object I create or if it's fine to
have all binary objects in a cache all being different.

Mikael