ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sriveena Mattaparthi <Sriveena.Mattapar...@ekaplus.com>
Subject RE: Drop table taking more time for execution
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 05:41:53 GMT
Hi Denis,

We thought it would have the same performance impact as DROP TABLE. Hence we didn’t used
it.
May be we will try that option and get back to you.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena

From: Denis Magda [mailto:dmagda@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2018 11:06 AM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Drop table taking more time for execution

Next time if there is change in the data from the data source in terms of addition of new
column or delete column...Then we drop the table in ignite and recreate it.

Is there any reason why you can't use ALTER TABLE command for the addition or remove of columns
in runtime? It will be more efficient.

--
Denis

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 9:49 AM Sriveena Mattaparthi <Sriveena.Mattaparthi@ekaplus.com<mailto:Sriveena.Mattaparthi@ekaplus.com>>