ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sriveena Mattaparthi <Sriveena.Mattapar...@ekaplus.com>
Subject Re: Example for server client configuration in ignite
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 16:43:44 GMT
Thanks Evgenii..

Now the question is code for client ignite start is deployed in an application server.
Any data join performed on the client node cache is utilizing jvm heap memory assigned to
the  application resulting in outofmemory on the application server.

Is there a way to limit the client node memory utilization of application server heap memory
or run client node on separate ibn?

Please note that persistence is enabled on the ignite configuration.

________________________________
From: Evgenii Zhuravlev <e.zhuravlev.wk@gmail.com>
Sent: 27 August 2018 21:41:41
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: Example for server client configuration in ignite

Yes, you start client node, not a server. I'd recommend you to read about differences between
client and server nodes: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/clients-vs-servers<https://apac01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapacheignite.readme.io%2Fdocs%2Fclients-vs-servers&data=02%7C01%7CSriveena.Mattaparthi%40ekaplus.com%7C646c52d9b3064b05272f08d60c37ce47%7C2a5b4e9716be4be4b2d40f3fcb3d373c%7C1%7C0%7C636709831174713298&sdata=DOLZ7OkBxVhNOpcb0la%2F3lmFeifM8ptU%2B0R5iXFajOc%3D&reserved=0>

Thanks Evgenii..

To reframe my question ..server is started on a separate host...client node is setup using
java connecting to remote server as mentioned in the  below mail...

Does invoking ignition.start on client node means starting ignite once more?

Thanks & Regards,
Sriveena