ignite-user mailing list archives

From Floris Van Nee <florisvan...@Optiver.com>
Subject affinity key field not recognized c++
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2018 07:50:19 GMT
Hi all,

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue as is described in a previous post on this mailing
list: http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Affinity-Key-field-is-not-identified-if-binary-configuration-is-used-on-cache-key-object-td15959.html
In short - defining an XML config with the appropriate binaryConfiguration (for Java/C++ interopability)
and cacheKeyConfiguration (to define an affinityKeyFieldName for a certain key type) will
fail when running from C++. Unfortunately, the earlier item on the mailing list didn't find/post
a solution to the problem.

My custom key type is a class with two String members. I get the following error when I try
to retrieve something from the cache:

An error occurred: Java exception occurred [cls=org.apache.ignite.binary.BinaryObjectException,
msg=Binary type has different affinity key fields [typeName=CustomKey, affKeyFieldName1=string_1,
affKeyFieldName2=null]]

Running exactly the same from Java works fine. Also, when I remove the cacheKeyConfiguration
part from the XML, it runs fine in both Java and C++ (but then this runs without the proper
affinity key field of course).

It seems like this is a bug, or am I missing something?

-Floris