ignite-user mailing list archives

From Lijun Cao <641507...@qq.com>
Subject Re: Questions about how Ignite SQL Works
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:19:58 GMT
I get it.  Thank you for answering my question Mikael :-) .

> 在 2018年7月30日,16:18,Mikael <mikael-aronsson@telia.com> 写道:
>
> Hi!
>
> With native persistence enabled it's all done for you, a query will search both ram and
disk contents and at a restart Ignite will load "missing" data from disk when needed, so if
you do an SQL query it will load any data from disk if it should be included in the result,
for the query point of view it's no difference if you have (native) persistence enabled or
not, it works the same way.

> Mikael
>
> Den 2018-07-30 kl. 09:30, skrev Lijun Cao:
>> Hi:
>>
>> I have referenced How Ignite SQL Works document but I still have got 2 questions.
>>
>> The first question is,  when I load data to Ignite cluster(3 nodes) in first time,
the data is stored both on RAM and disk(I enabled local persistence), so which area does Ignite
query on in this situation?

>> The second question is, when I restart the cluster which I have mentioned above,
the data is still on disk, but not exists in the RAM, so how can I load the data from disk
to RAM in this situation?