ignite-user mailing list archives

From breischl <breis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deadlock during cache loading
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2018 16:29:56 GMT
(OT: Sorry about the duplicate posts, for some reason Nabble was refusing to
show me new posts so I thought my earlier ones had been lost.)

>Why did you decide, that cluster is deadlocked in the first place?

Because all of the Datastreamer threads were stuck waiting on locks, and no
progress was being made on loading the cache. We have various logging and
metrics around progress that were all zero, and all the threads trying to
load data were blocked waiting to insert more data. This persisted for an
hour or more with no change.

>What did you see in logs of the failing nodes?
Nothing that jumped out at me as a smoking gun or even really related,
although I don't have the logs handy anymore as they've aged off our Splunk
servers.