ignite-user mailing list archives

From breischl <breis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError while streaming
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2018 15:33:31 GMT
The keys are hashed so in theory they should be distributed relatively
evenly. I traced the logic to do the hashing once and it seemed ok, but it's
pretty complicated so I won't claim to know it that well. We use UUIDs and
it does seem to distribute pretty much evenly.

Are you sure all the nodes have properly joined the cluster? ie, that you
have a single cluster with 8 nodes, instead of a bunch of 1-2 node clusters.
Depending on how your discovery is set up, that can be tricky and
potentially have timing bugs. Although that may be more due to us having a
custom DiscoverySPI that is a bit finicky.

For #2, I would like to know the answer too. :) We are using
OptimizedMarshaller, but that's due to some problems with serializing some
of our complex objects which would not apply to your case. You may want to
just test it.