ignite-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Vinokurov <vinokurov.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IS NULL on Numeric Query SQL Fields
Date Tue, 08 May 2018 08:49:21 GMT
Hi,

As I understand you would like to have null value in the database, but 0 in
the java model.
I suppose that most properly way is to just keep "Integer" field and modify
getter and setter to return 0 value.
Also  Ignite provides for [1]Binarylizable interface for customization of
the binary serialization. With that you could customize transformation for
the "int" field.

[1]
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/binary/Binarylizable.html

Thanks,
Pavel

> Hi,
>
> int uniqueId;
> int actNo;
> String actId;
> String somethingElse;
>
> Now when I load values to the cache, if actNo is null in DB, then it will
> be
> *loaded as 0* (zero being initial value)
>
> So if I execute the below query as SQLFieldsQuery on cache, no rows would
> be
> returned:
> select somethingElse from Account where actNo * is null * and actId = ?;
> (arguments will be passed as object array)
>
> In hibernate we had the provision to mention parameter type so that it
> would
> understand this scenario? Does ignite provide a way to resolve this ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --

Regards

Pavel Vinokurov