ignite-user mailing list archives

From begineer <redni...@gmail.com>
Subject Auto sync caches with database
Date Mon, 07 May 2018 12:27:37 GMT
Hi,
I have been working with apache ignite 1.9 for quite sometime now and one
common problem which I faced is adding new records to cache from external
systems. Ignite currently don't provide auto sync capability with database.
So I have to write logic to insert entries to cache whenever new data added
to database tables by other application.

Is there a plan to support such a feature in near future. I know Hazlecast
provides this feature already.

e.g. maintaining trades cache for trades from webserver. So I have trades
table which saves uploads. To process them I keep all of them in cache.
Whenever new upload comes in, it is added to cache using cache.put(). Would
be awesome if this upload is picked up from table automatically.

It will make life much more simple.

Regards,
Surinder