ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AffinityKey Configuration in order to achieve multiple joins across caches
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2018 07:42:05 GMT
On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 9:51 PM, StartCoding <mailsajin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> I am afraid denormalizing will work for me because I have just given a
> simple example. There are 16 tables which in that case needs to be joined
> into single entity. Replication was an approach I thought about and we have
> already considered smaller tables for that. But there are 7 huge tables
> which consists of 6M+ records and will degrade the performance using
> replicated caches.

Saji, in this case, when you cannot select one affinity key for all your
tables, you can try the following:

   1. Think about having multiple caches for the same data with different
   affinity keys.
   2. Instead of doing JOINs all the time, for cases where you could not
   use the affinity key for collocation, you can try using distribute compute
   API and process data locally within caches on individual nodes. You can
   then aggregate your results on the client side manually.