ignite-user mailing list archives

From Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukya...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Data Recovery after cluster restart
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 09:56:18 GMT
Hi Naveen,

The native persistence doesn’t require you to reload data to memory, the tables should be
available after the activation.

How do you start the nodes? Do you use ignite.sh/ignite.bat?
Have you downloaded Ignite as .zip archive or via Maven?
It’s possible that your persistence files are created in the /tmp which would lead to them
being cleared on system restart.
Try setting IgniteConfiguration.workDirectory property to some fixed path and check that the
files are created there (in <workDir>/db).

Thanks,
Stan

From: Naveen
Sent: 9 марта 2018 г. 9:16
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Data Recovery after cluster restart

Hi
I am using Ignite 2.3

I have enables persistence, using Ignite native persistence.

Here is my config file.
Have created a table thru SQL with the below script

CREATE TABLE ASSOCIATED_PARTIES_NEW(PARTY_ID VARCHAR, ASSOCIATED_PARTY_ID
VARCHAR, WALLETID VARCHAR, UPDATEDDATETIME TIMESTAMP, UPDATEDBY VARCHAR,
PRIMARY KEY (PARTY_ID))WITH
"template=partitioned,backups=1,cache_name=ASSOCIATED_PARTIES_NEW,value_type=com.ril.edif.model.ASSOCIATED_PARTIES";

Inserted data into thru DataStreamer API and some thru SQL,  I have loaded
1M+ records, you can see the below count

0: jdbc:ignite:thin://127.0.0.1> select count(*) from ASSOCIATED_PARTIES;
+--------------------------------+
|            COUNT(*)            |
+--------------------------------+
| 1043186                        |
+--------------------------------+
1 row selected (1.227 seconds)
0: jdbc:ignite:thin://127.0.0.1>

However, when I restart the cluster and after activation, when I execute
"!tables" thru SQL, I dont see any tables. I could "work" folder having some
huge files.

How do we get the data back and whats the procedure, do I need to create the
tables again OR do we have any commands to load the data back to memory from
disk.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

       xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"

                           http://www.springframework.org/schema/util

http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd">

    <bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
        <property name="igniteInstanceName" value="IgnitePOC"/>

          <property name="dataStorageConfiguration">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataStorageConfiguration">
              <property name="defaultDataRegionConfiguration">
                <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.DataRegionConfiguration">
                  <property name="persistenceEnabled" value="true"/>
                </bean>
              </property>
            </bean>
          </property>

        <property name="discoverySpi">
            <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi">
                <property name="ipFinder">

                    <bean
class="org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.ipfinder.vm.TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder">

                        <property name="addresses">
                            <list>

                                  <value>10.144.114.113:47500..47502</value>
                                 <value>10.144.114.114:47500..47502</value>
                                 <value>10.144.114.115:47500..47502</value>
                            </list>
                        </property>
                    </bean>
                </property>