ignite-user mailing list archives

From "au.fp2018" <au.fp2...@gmail.com>
Subject Protobuf value objects, SCAN query and Indexes
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2018 02:13:41 GMT
Hello All,

In my project I am trying to use Ignite for the first time. I am trying to
store Protocol Buffer messages as value objects in my cache.

After spending a lot of time researching and experimenting, I've come to the
conclusion that Protobuf and Ignite SQL do not play very well. The only way
to get them to work is by converting from Protobuf -> Flat domain class and
then store it in Ignite. If I do that then I lose all the type safety and
expressivity of my domain classes.

At this point I am ready to give up the possibility of using SQL and just
use SCAN queries. As working with Protobuf objects is more native, and also
these message would need to be eventually streamed out. Being able to work
with an unconstrained domain object and the ability to do *Continuous
queries* are very important requirement for me.

Given that, my questions are:

  1. Since I am unable to setup INDEXES, is that going to have a negative
impact on my application - since I will be limited to using SCAN queries all
the time.
  2. Are INDEXES even used during SCAN queries ? (stupid question maybe)
  3. Has anyone successfully used Protocol buffers with Ignite?

Thanks in Advance