ignite-user mailing list archives

From Humphrey <hmmlo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using 3rd party DB together with native persistence (WAS: GettingInvalid state exception when Persistance is enabled.)
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 10:43:04 GMT
I think he means when *write-through* and *read-through* modes are enabled on
the 3rd party store, data might be written/read to/from one of those
persistence storage (not on both).

So if you save data "A" it might be stored in the 3rd party persistence, and
not in the native. When data "A" is not in the cache it might try to look it
up from the native persistence, where it's not available. Same could happen
with updates, if "A" was updated to "B" it could have changed in the 3rd
party but when requesting for the data again you might in one case get "A"
an other case "B" depending on the stores it reads the data from.

At least that is what I understand from his consistency between both stores.