ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Mekhanikov <dmekhani...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logic of work Ignite cache
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 11:06:42 GMT
Hi Alex!

There are a few ways, how you can introduce persistent data layer. First of
which is native persistence:
It will store data on disk, and guarantee, that it will be available after
nodes are restarted. Also it implies, that you can store more data in
Ignite, than available RAM.
The most hot data will be kept in memory. If something is missing, then it
will be loaded from disk.

Another option is to use 3rd party database, like MySQL, that you
mentioned. Here is documentation on this feature:
You can configure read-through and write-through for it, or just preload
all needed data on start. You can read about it in the documentation.

I'm not sure, what you mean by "some data providers". In general, these two
options, described above, are enough for most use-cases.