ignite-user mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kishore <rajesh10si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: usage of Apache ignite as Key value DB
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 11:44:34 GMT
This is much informative. Further I want to use key value apis instead of
sql apis which is only given in the example.
The idea is that it should ease my migration process from Berkley dB based
code where I am relying on key value apis to play with record in different
dB containers, what is the equivalent here of ignite i.e how do we
represent different entity say employee in local file system and how to
insert and retrieve record

On 17 Jan 2018 3:59 p.m., "Mikael" <mikael-aronsson@telia.com> wrote:

> You have to run an Ignite instance to use it (you can embed it in your
> application), you can't just use the key value store on it's own, a LOCAL
> cache would be the closest to a Berkeley DB store.
> Docs at : https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-grid
> Den 2018-01-17 kl. 11:05, skrev Rajesh Kishore:
>> Hi,
>> I am newbie to Apache Ignite. We are trying to explore Ignite as key
>> value DB to be replaced with our existing Berkely DB in application.
>> Currently, Bekley DB is embedded in the application and db container
>> operations are performed using Berkely DB apis , similar functionalities we
>> would need for Ignite.
>> The idea is to replace berkley db apis to Ignite apis to use Ignite as
>> key value DB.
>> I could not find any docs for the usage of ignite libraries to be used in
>> the application.
>> Any pointers please
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Rajesh Kishore