ignite-user mailing list archives

From Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukya...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: default location for ignite file db
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 13:50:27 GMT
Make sure you have persistence enabled as described at https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store.
Also, make sure you don’t already have a custom setting for the StoragePath, WalPath or
WalArchivePath.

Making an environment variable visible to your process is OS-specific. On Windows you need
to specify it in the System Properties dialog,
and on Unix you need to use `export` command (you often put the `export` in your .bashrc).
You should consult your system docs
on doing so.

If you don’t set IGNITE_HOME Ignite will try to find the installation based on your current
directory and class path,
and if it fails then a temporary directory directory will be created in the standard system
location (e.g. /tmp on Linux)
to store Ignite’s DB and other files such as logs.

Stan

From: Rajesh Kishore
Sent: 29 января 2018 г. 15:18
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Re: default location for ignite file db

Thanks Stan,

I just extracted the zip , and I am starting the ignite server in embedded mode. I dont see
DB files getting created at the ${IGNITE_HOME}/work/db. More specifically how embedded mode
server would get to know about the env variable
r ${IGNITE_HOME} , as in my classpath of application I am using only required jars of ignite
-Rajesh