ignite-user mailing list archives

From zbyszek <zbab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cursor in TextQuery - first hasNex() is slow
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 12:45:05 GMT
Thank you Val,

I am afraid it is still not clear to me....

What I was trying to explain above it that regardless the page size (1 or 10
or default), the duration of first next() or hasNext() is always equal to
duration of fetching all data with getAll().
 - in my example above pageSize is 10.

This is a big problem for me as with 10 mln. entities  sometimes (depending
on term) I need to wait 5 sec. to retrieve first row. This disqualifies
TextQuery as a solution for our auto-complete feature.

Is there a way to utilize the fact that I need only first 10 records, so the
response time is a small fraction of the time needed to fetch all data?