Ray,

With the current API it is impossible to get a reliable integration of Ignite native persistence with 3rd party persistence. The reason is that first, CacheStore interface does not have methods for 2-phase commit, second, it would require significant changes to the persistence layer itself to make a consistent crash recovery.

We could allow setting the cache store interface with write-through from primary nodes, but in this case, it would be a user's responsibility to verify that the cache store is consistent with the Ignite cluster. We will try to enable and document it in ignite 2.4.

--AG

Hi Ray,

One more question here, how can a update or new inserts back-propagate to
Ignite when another application(not ignite) writes to persistence(hbase)?

It is not supported.