ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Number of open file handles keeps on increasing on Ignite node on adding a new cache
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 07:04:03 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for a late reply.

Yes, this benefit is expected after you turn to the cache groups. Keep using them if the performance
of Scan and SQL queries is at a desired level.

As per your question about the open file handles, there is an assumption that caches are updated
frequently which would require to reopen the handles endlessly. This is why Ignite keeps them
open all the times.

—
Denis